[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk is not "picking up the phone" with a x100p card

Rodolfo Grave rodolfograve at yahoo.es
Wed Sep 15 14:51:50 MST 2004

Hi.

I have a x100p card installed on my asterisk box... my zapata.conf file
includes the following lines:

[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ls
rxwink=300
echocancel=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

Basically, the zapata.conf file generated by make samples.

Then in my extensions.conf I have this:

[default]
include => demo

And demo is also the included in the sample extensions.conf

Now, when I call into my PSTN line connected to the x100p card (which
also has a phone attached just to hear the ringing), asterisk is not
answering the call. I expected it to go into the [default] context,
which should make a welcome speech.

I am able to call asterisk from the console and everything goes ok. This
is also the lsmod report concerning wcfxo and zaptel when asterisk is
not running:

wcfxo                   8704   0  (unused)
zaptel                188416   0  [wcfxo]

and this is when asterisk is running:

wcfxo                   8704   0  (unused)
zaptel                188416   4  [wcfxo]

so I assume zaptel is being used by asterisk as expected.

Any hints on why asterisk doens't get the call?

Thanks in advance.

RODOLFO

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0438-1, 14/09/2004
Tested on: 15/09/2004 23:51:53