[Asterisk-Users] panic() panic() panic() and dma errors

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Wed Sep 15 14:21:36 MST 2004

On 2004-06-25 at 22:12, Steve Hanselman (SteveH at brendata.co.uk) wrote:

> If you cat /proc/interrupts is anything else sharing with the TEs?

It doesn't seem to:

          CPU0       CPU1
  0:       5413       5623    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:          0          5    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 14:       2722       3918    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 15:         19         19    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
 16:      45283      32056   IO-APIC-level  tor2
 17:      31891      45048   IO-APIC-level  tor2
 18:      31625      44915   IO-APIC-level  tor2
 19:        176          3   IO-APIC-level  eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:      10947      10945
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

I've turned off everything in the BIOS that I can like all serial
ports, parallel port, APCI.

Interestingly, the system no longer dies in a panic() but with DMA
errors scrolling across the console.

hda: DMA interrupt memory
hda: lost interrupt
hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24

If I pull out the T400P boards, no problems.

I'll leave my original message in below as it's been a while.  I've
been away most of the summer and I leave for Asia on Sunday but I'm
trying to resolve this as best I can.  Thanks.