[Asterisk-Users] Stuttering sound when playing greetings, annoucments - clear telephony

Bernd Rüter Rueter at TP-Claim.de
Wed Sep 15 09:06:16 MST 2004

I've a few days ago turned off our (old) IP-Telephony-System "Swyx" and
activated Asterisk.

...the starting off all my problems   ;-)

When calling from the outside (via Pri E1-connection to a HST Saphir V card
with capi-drivers on original shipped SuSE LINUX 9.0) and the pbx is playing
some greetings oder moh, the sound is stuttering.
When we pick-up the phone and talk to the callers, the sound is normal.
Sometimes a restart of the machine fixes the problem.
Where to look ?

The system is only used for pbx and fax (HylaFax with CAPI4Hylafax).