[Asterisk-Users] voicebox

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Wed Sep 15 08:41:39 MST 2004

> Yup, i did :)
>
> I found a lot about setting up my voicemail now.
> But i couldn`t find much how you collect/call/retreive the recorded mail.
> Any ideas/links about that?!
>
> Thanks, Mario

ok, that would be a dialplan issue. You need to do something like this in
your dialplan.

[mycontext] ; The context that your phones live in

exten => 770,1,VoiceMailMain() ; I didn't use _ because it's an exact match.

- OR -

if you have a phone that has a programmable voicemail button this is a neat
trick...

This assumes your mailbox number is the same as your extension number as it
is with most PBXes...

[mycontext]; The context that your phones live in

exten => _770XXX,1,GotoIf($[${EXTEN:3} = ${CALLERIDNUM}]?2:100
exten => _770XXX,2,VoiceMailMain(s${EXTEN:3}); the 's' means skip login
exten => _770XXX,100,Congestion()

This is kinda handy for my household, we use GrandStreams and they have a
programmable VoiceMail button, I simply program the button to dial
770<exten> and voila!

Some useful reading material...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+voicemailmain
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+gotoif