[Asterisk-Users] Press 9 to dial by name

Daniel Poulsen dpoulsen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:33:56 MST 2004

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess what I am trying to do is only different in the sense that I
want to have multpile 'main menus' for each of our different clients.
I was hoping to send them to the correct sub context from the main
inbound context with a Goto statement using the extension as the
context name. I suppose I could just have my proxy take them directly
to sip:<company-name>@asterisk then I would be able to give them the
'dial 9' option.

I am planning on having a voice prompt to tell them to dial 9.  If I
don't send them immediately into a voice mailbox,is there a convenient
way to record 'main menu' outgoing messages other than creating them
with a voice mailbox and then manually movin them to the sounds
directory?  Ideally I'd like the clients to be able to record these
messages without intervention from me.  For example, how did you
record 'lcrmain'?

Thanks,
Dan