[Asterisk-Users] Press 9 to dial by name

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Sep 14 18:59:28 MST 2004

How is the user going to know about the 9 if you don't tell them via a voice
prompt?  This is how I do it.  I drop incoming calls into lcrmainmenu and if
they press a 1 during the first background, they will drop into the second
menu which gives the company directory and if they fail to press a key, they
drop into the general vm box.

One note, once you go to Voicemail, this menu is history and the keypresses
that apply to Voicemail apply and not those showen here(or in your case 9).

Lyle

[lcrmainmenu]
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/1r2&SIP/desk1&SIP/ncc1701,20,rtT)
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5 ; set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeout to 10 sec.
exten => s,4,Background(lcrmain) ; LCR Main Menu
exten => s,5,Voicemail(u110); Drop into general vm for LCR

exten => 1,1,Goto(usersmenu,s,1)
exten => 0,1,Goto(lcrmainmenu,s,2)

exten => 2,1,Hangup

include => default
;
[usersmenu]
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5 ;set digit timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeoute to 10 sec
exten => s,3,Background(usermenuopts) ; Press 1 for lyle, 2 for Adam, 3 for
Lois or timeout to next step
exten => s,4,Voicemail(u110); Drop into general vm for LCR

exten => 1,1,Voicemail(u101)
exten => 2,1,Voicemail(u103)
exten => 3,1,Voicemail(u102)
exten => 4,1,Voicemail(u110)