[Asterisk-Users] Sending Caller ID info in MD/USA

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Sep 14 21:33:47 MST 2004

Do a search on the list, this has been discussed before.  I remember
reading that the Caller Name is never even passed down the line, but
actually inserted by the called party's LEC based on the number.  That's
why you often get different CID names if you're going through different
services (i.e. my cell-phone shows up as "Cellphone" on Broadvoice,
"<state> Call" on Verizon and "PCS Phone" on SBC -- which is silly,
because I will *never* own a Sprint PCS phone).  Try it for yourself.