[Asterisk-Users] Sending Caller ID info in MD/USA

William C. Lohr Jr. blohr at lohrtechnologies.com
Tue Sep 14 21:06:45 MST 2004

All,

    Having trouble getting answer from Verizon.  I believe Asterisk will let me specify a name and number that is sent to the PSTN (Verizon) of outgoing calls.  For instance, if I have a client, First Bank, and their toll free number is 888-555-1234, I could send that name and number.  Verizon is telling me that they will forward the number I send them, but the name will be my company's name.  I can't get an answer from them if this is a technical problem due to old equipment at their switching office; or if it is just a policy/law issue; or they just plain don't want to.  Does anyone have any answers to this?  Any responses or comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Bill