[Asterisk-Users] Manager events logic depends on channel type?

Maciek Kaminski maciejka at tiger.com.pl
Tue Sep 14 09:30:07 MST 2004

Apparently there are subtle diferences between meaning of MeetmeJoin
event depending on channel type.

Problem is: after originating a call from channel to MeetMe room i.e.:

[meetme]
exten => 1,1,Answer
exten => 1,2,Meetme(kolejka|dqM)

than:
Context: meetme
Exten: 1
ActionID: 1077925740-00000004
Timeout: 5000
Action: Originate
Async: true
Channel: somechannel

I get eventually MeetmeJoin event. For voip channels (i.e.: iax, sip)
MeetmeJoin means that channel has been connected and other end has
picked up a phone while for Zap channel (X100P) I get MeetmeJoin just
after channel has been dialed and dialing tone is heard in Meetme.

Do I miss something or is this a bug?

Maciej Kaminski