[Asterisk-Users] Use ISP's SIP account for IP-PSTN gateway

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Tue Sep 14 05:52:27 MST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Kuniyoshi Murata wrote:

> I'm thinking of introducing Asterisk on Linux for IP PBX.
>
> Now I'm using ISP that has VoIP service and I have VoIP terminal box for
> that ISP and a SIP account for SIP server of the ISP.
>
> Now, what I would like to do is the following.
>
> A. Setup IP PBX on Linux by using Asterisk.
> B. For IP-PSTN gateway, configure Asterisk to use my ISP's SIP account and
> connect to my ISP's IP telephony service.
>
> Is that possible?

Hey, this is Linux. It can do anything. If you can code it. :-)

You'd just have to set up a context for that service in your sip.conf.
Probably need to register=> with the service as well. You'll need your sip
username and password in order to do this. Look at the examples in the
sample sip.conf, or look through the mailing list archive for example
sip.conf's.

Greg