[Asterisk-Users] Re: Line death not recognized on TDM400P?

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Sep 13 22:35:03 MST 2004

On 10 Sep 2004 at 16:36, Jinsong Liao wrote:
> Just tried the latest CVS version with "#define ZAP_CHECK_HOOKSTATE"
> in chan_zap.c.  I am using a TDM400P with 4 FXO modules.  Only port 1
> is connected to a phone line.
>
> When * starts, I cannot make any outgoing call.  All 4 Zap channels
> are unavailable.  "zap show channel 1" indicated "Actual Hook State:
> Onhook" just like "zap show channel 2 (or 3, 4)" , even though channel
> 1 is the one with battery.
>
> If I unplug the RJ11 cable and then plug it back in, or if I make an
> incoming call then hang up, "zap show channel 1" will indicate "Actual
> Hook State: Offhook".  After this I can make outgoing calls as Zap/1-1
> is now available.
>
> Is there anyway to make * correctly recognize the hook state upon
> startup?  Thanks in advance.

Well not really a solution, but if you're going to use the
ZAP_CHECK_HOOKSTATE you may as well start everything up with no
cables plugged in.  That way your state and the software's state will
always match no matter how many lines you plug in or unplug (which is
what my customer had needed).

Kind regards,

Matt Riddell
http://www.sineapps.com