[Asterisk-Users] Can't get ChanSpy to work

Patrick J. Conroy conroyp at contexttech.com
Fri Sep 10 17:03:45 MST 2004

Hello All,

I downloaded the ChanSpy patch from Mantis and updated to the latest
asterisk source from cvs.  Everything seems to have installed fine and
everything works as it had before, but I can't get ChanSpy to work.

I added a line to extensions, as a test:
exten => *53,1,ChanSpy(scan)

When I dial this extension from a SIP phone, and then make a call (which I
am trying to monitor) from a Zap channel, I get the following error:
Sep 10 20:03:35 WARNING[270359]: file.c:475 ast_openstream: File zap does
not exist in any format
Sep 10 20:03:35 WARNING[270359]: file.c:779 ast_streamfile: Unable to open
zap (format ULAW): No such file or directory

Any ideas what I is going wrong here?

Thanks,
Patrick