[Asterisk-Users] IAXy loud static problem

Brad Ediger brad at bradediger.com
Mon Sep 13 13:33:06 MST 2004

I just bought an IAXy and have been using it with * and NuFone. Around
once every 24-48 hours of operation (not off hook, just powered up),
when I pick up the phone I hear loud static instead of dialtone. If
there's an incoming call, the phone will ring and * CLI will show that
it's trying iaxy, but when picking up--no answer to * and loud static.
The incoming call goes to VM. Cycling power on the IAXy fixes the
problem. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm using a fairly new device
(2 wks. old) with Digium's power supply, and Asterisk 1.0RC2 on FC2.

Thanks,
Brad