[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE questions

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Mon Sep 13 11:15:36 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for the answers!!! You mentionned to use the switch command. I
> read about it in the WIKI, but I couldn't find enought information to
> understand what it is actually doing. Can someone point me to the
> right direction?

I would do this:
Create a single numbering plan for all users on your network....
Get each server to have extensions from 1-999. Then assign to each server
its code.
Depending on how many servers you have (or will have) you could use 1-9 or
11-99 or more but
you must have server's code number of digits same accross your network.

Now , get all these servers link/register to each other using IAX. Stephen,
is right DO NOT use TDMoE for this
purpose. As to TDMoE, my understanding (I have not tried it) is that it uses
FULL bandwidth assigned at all times. Can your
IP connectivity cope with that?

Once you have this setup, your local users (users registered to same server)
can call each by dialing local extension(1-999). Network users on the other
hand need to know FULL dialing digits for a network user. For example a user
from server A need to know FULL number ($SERVER CODE + LOCAL EXTENSION) for
all other network users. This number users will give each other or you can
make it available to all users by some other method.

Ta
SJ