[Asterisk-Users] Problems with Call Progress and fax detection on PRI

Patrick J. Conroy conroyp at contexttech.com
Sat Sep 11 20:17:54 MST 2004

Hello,

I have been running some tests to get a better understanding of PRIs and the
HANGUPCAUSE variable and I'm not having any luck.  I have tried calling
disconnected numbers and the call is connected through to my extension and I
hear the tri-tones.  And it looks like HANGUPCAUSE is always 16
(AST_CAUSE_NORMAL_CLEARING).  Am I doing something wrong, or am I just
misunderstanding?  Also, when I try calling out over the PRI to a fax
machine the call is connected through to my extension.  I had thought that
setting faxdetect to "outgoing" or "both" would jump to the "fax" extension
if a fax machine answered an outgoing call.  Again, am I doing something
wrong, or am I just misunderstanding?

Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated.

I am running asterisk, libpri, and zaptel from cvs as of today.

I have my PRI (span 2 of a TE405P) defined in zapata.conf as:
context=incoming
switchtype=national
signalling=pri_cpe
faxdetect=both
callprogress=no
busydetect=no
immediate=no
callerid=
group=4
channel=>25-47

And in extensions.conf:
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g4/${EXTEN:1},60,g)
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,NoOp(HANGUPCAUSE is ${HANGUPCAUSE})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,3,NoOp(DIALSTATUS is ${DIALSTATUS})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,4,Hangup
exten => _9NXXXXXX,102,NoOp(HANGUPCAUSE is ${HANGUPCAUSE})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,103,NoOp(DIALSTATUS is ${DIALSTATUS})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,104,Hangup

Thanks,
Patrick