[Asterisk-Users] detecting fax and passing it to Hylafax

Patrick J. Conroy conroyp at contexttech.com
Sun Sep 12 18:17:28 MST 2004

> Just curious why to you need fax detection on outbound calls?

I'm using asterisk in a call-center.  I want to filter out fax machines and
disconnected numbers before they get to the agents, so that I don't have to
rely on the agents to set the correct disposition.  So, if I can detect if
fax tones are received when an outbound dial is made, I can filter that
number out and dial a different number for the agent.

Patrick