[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice

Chris cshaw59 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 12:15:20 MST 2004

see http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Gathercole" <joel-lists at netrique.biz>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice

> Hi,
>
> This past week our account got disabled due to massive registering
> requests (BV told me 1000's in a few minutes). It has happened 3 times.
> In my logs I only can see a reason for one of them happening, which I
> believe is a bug in *, ("could not grab lock, retrying...") I noticed
> that line about 300 times in a row in a matter of 20 seconds.
>
> Now the most recent time they changed the password for me and
> re-activated the account, I am only able to send one voice channel at a
> time, meaning one phone call at a time. In the past I was able to handle
> unlimited w/o problems. BV has not been answering the phone (probably
> too busy lately, they do have excelent phone support).
>
> Thanks
>
> Joel

Ok, the locking problem is with your *, not with BroadVoice. Are you using
the latest CVS? Check out Bug #0083. I suggest checking out the latest CVS
and recompile it and completely reinstall it. (i.e. remove /usr/lib/asterisk
and all files in it and reinstall) See if that helps to fix the problem. Do
you have any digium hardware installed on the machine? If not, you're going
to want to compile and install ztdummy (if you have a UHCI USB Controller)
or ZapRTC as a timing source.