[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Budgetone 100 Caller ID shows extension, not incoming Caller ID

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Sep 12 07:48:19 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 09:41, Duane wrote:
> Steven P. Donegan wrote:
>
> > I've looked through the archives - and see questions similar to mine,
> > but no answers. What, if anything, can be done to get the incoming
> > Caller ID to be presented on the Budgetone's Caller ID display? In all
> > other respects the phone+Asterisk seem to be extremely happy with each
> > other.
>
> What you need to do is strip the alpha caller name from the caller ID,
> the 101's can only handle numbers and it's trying to display a name...

I don't think this is the problem. If it was a general problem hundreds
f people would be complaining about this. Put a
NoOp(CALLERID=${CALLERID}) in the dialplan just before the Dial line to
ring the GS phone.  What you should see is something like CALLERID=Bob
Dobbs <666> on the console when the NoOp runs.  If you see ANYTHING that
isn't in the format of Caller*ID Name <calleridnumber. then you have
something messed up in your Asterisk config.  As said, the BT101 only
can display Caller*ID numbers, it should generally just throw out the
Caller*ID name.  You don't mention what COUNTRY you are in so I don't
know if it's an issue between what your telco sends and what Asterisk
expects.  In the USA this is not an issue, in other countries it *could*
be an issue.

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows