[Asterisk-Users] Suggested Motherboard for TE410P

Fri Sep 10 19:47:06 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new system which will use the TE410P. Originally I was
going to use a dual Athlon MP system, but my supplier tells me these are
being phased out now, and so will be difficult to find replacement parts
later.

So, I am looking for suggestions of suitable motherboards with 3.3V PCI
slots for the following CPU types (in order of my personal preference)
AMD Opteron 1xx Series
AMD Athlon 64
Intel whatever... I don't really know the Intel range, since I don't
like them much and never use them, but it looks like I might be running
out of options.

Overall, I don't really need a lot of power, the system will have upto
20 channels via zap devices, with up to 20 channels a-law sip devices.
It may need to transcode to gsm or something for about 5 channels max,
over IAX2 at any one time.

>From what I understand, the worst case would be having to transcode from
alaw to g729, which hopefully will not be required.

PS, in case you are wondering, I (and my supplier) have spent hours
looking at different motherboard specs, and so far haven't been able to
find anything suitable (except a dual opteron motherboard and just using
a single CPU).

Thanks,
Adam