[Asterisk-Users] Number of TDM405 Cards in one server

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Sep 10 13:25:25 MST 2004

First, START NEW MESSAGES. don't respond to something totally different
and then remove the contents. You message has NOTHING to do with the
message your mail client said you responded to.
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] "7" Dialing gives a busy signal

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 14:39, Michael at Matraex.com wrote:
> Has any one put 3 or more TDM405P or TDM410P cards in a single server?
> I would like to fit as many as 6 into one box.

Do you want a TDM400 series card or a TE400 series card. Quick mention
of Digium part numbers, TDM/S/X are analog cards, T/E/TE are T1 or E1 or
T1 and E1 capable cards. the first number is a port capacity.

>From Digiums site, you get this....
The Wildcard TDM400P is a half-length PCI 2.2 compliant card that
supports from one to four telephone interfaces for connecting analog
telephones or analog lines to a PC.
The naming convention for the TDM bundles is as follows: TDM X Y B.
Where "TDM" denotes that the card is TDM, "X" denotes the number of FXS
modules, "Y" denotes the number of FXO modules, and "B" indicates that
that this product is a bundle.

So you see there isn't a TDM405P or TDM410P. There are however TE405P
and TE410P cards. When you get to T1 or E1 configurations, you shouldn't
look at more than 2 cards per server, and 2 cards should probably be
only undertaken with extreme care and caution. Having a simple hardware
failure take down 96 lines is bad, but not as bad as taking down 192 or
288. If you are routing 288 calls, your downtime cost to repair a single
box will quickly exceed the cost of redundant servers.