[Asterisk-Users] Net2Phone, Asterisk, and "404 Not Found"

cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com cveazey at blackhillsfiber.com
Fri Sep 10 10:44:38 MST 2004

Hi!

Net2Phone is getting a common SIP status code, "404 Not Found," when
trying to place a call to our Asterisk server.  We're hoping someone on
the list can shed some light on why this is happening.  We can process a
call from Asterisk to Net2Phone without any problems.

Net2Phone sends the INVITE but immediately gets the "404 Not Found."

The "To:" field of the INVITE contains the E.164 formatted number with a
plus "+" sign before the 11 digits and we were thinking that the presence
of that plus sign had something to do with the 404 problem.  But I guess
the plus sign is part of the SIP standard.  I don't think we've seen the
INVITE but I'll dig further on that.

Has anyone connected Asterisk to a different SIP proxy and used SIP to
communicate between the two?  Can anyone further explain why our Asterisk
is not replying to Net2Phone's INVITE?

Here is the entry from our sip.conf file:

[net2phone3]
context = n2p-in
host=<Net2Phone's IP Address>
disallow=g723.1