[Asterisk-Users] Legacy Toshiba Phones

David Gurr david.gurr at congruity.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 00:52:26 MST 2004

Leo wrote:

> Not necessarily so. Recently I discovered that Artisoft's Televantage
> Soft PBX can support Toshiba Strata CS digital phones (DKT 2000 and
> 3000) through a  PCI 16-port digital station card (Toshiba part
> #CS-DKTU-TV). Apparently, the Strata CS is an OEM licensed version of
> Televantage. It would be quite cool if an Asterisk driver can be
> developed for the 16-port digital station card.

Interesting. I just checked out the Televantage site at TrueData
(http://www.truedataonline.com). In their FAQ there's a question "Can TV
(Televantage) use Digital Sets?". The answer includes the tidbit:

    "The Toshiba digital station cards are a slight variation of the Intel
MSI160PCI and are interoperable with other Dialogic - Intel Televantage
hardware."

The good news is that Intel have Linux drivers for the MSI160. Guess someone
needs to find some details on how the Tosh card differs ...

The bad news is that the Tosh station card doesn't come cheap ... a quick
google search shows prices around $2,500! For 16 ports? Ouch! At that price,
it's cheaper to throw the Tosh phones away and buy IP hardphones.

--
David Gurr
Congruity Ltd.