[Asterisk-Users] QSIG against a Nortel/Meridian PBX

David Zanetti david.zanetti at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Sep 9 17:06:25 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 04:50, creslin at digium.com wrote:

> QSIG passes callername and other variables by a mechanism that asterisk
> cannot interpret at the moment.  It sends them either in a information
> element in the setup message for the call or in an additional facility
> message after the fact.  Right now asterisk cannot interpret those facility
> messages to get the data out of them, so that's probably the reason why
> you are getting garbled data.
>
> If anyone has any info on interpreting the FACILTIY message/IE we could
> probably get something put together to interpret it.

Parsing would be a nice to have, but I'd settle for FACILITY not nuking
the callerid entirely. If FACILITY messages are unparsable, shouldn't
they be dropped by *?

(I can ask the PBX provider for documentation of the FACILITY they are
sending, but it seems like a bug to me that a long message causes the
_number_ in a seperate IE to be dropped.)

Thanks.

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti at catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration