[Asterisk-Users] QSIG against a Nortel/Meridian PBX

creslin at digium.com creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 9 09:50:27 MST 2004

> Has anyone else successfully got such an arrangement to work, or is
> there any plans to make the QSIG messages more parsable (maybe exposed
> as variables in the dialplan)? Or at least not have the name overflow
> the number? :)

QSIG passes callername and other variables by a mechanism that asterisk
cannot interpret at the moment.  It sends them either in a information
element in the setup message for the call or in an additional facility
message after the fact.  Right now asterisk cannot interpret those facility
messages to get the data out of them, so that's probably the reason why
you are getting garbled data.

If anyone has any info on interpreting the FACILTIY message/IE we could
probably get something put together to interpret it.

Matthew Fredrickson