[Asterisk-Users] iaxy vs sipura

Thu Sep 9 10:23:08 MST 2004

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:52:56 -0400, John Kington <jkington at cinci.rr.com> wrote:
> What about sip softphones that use STUN? I am especially interested in UK
> because my daughter is going to study in London.

If she is going to be on a residential ADSL, that shouldn't be a
problem. I have friends in the UK who use both softphones and
Grandstreams behind NAT on BT's ADSL service and we haven't had any
major problems other than softphones locking up the PC or some silly
stuff like that.

Just make sure your Asterisk server is on a public IP address, or if
it is behind NAT, then let her use FWD and use IAX to connect your
Asterisk server to FWD.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.