[Asterisk-Users] 'Hangup' not hanging-up, is this intended behaviour?

JP Hindin jplist at kiwigeek.com
Thu Sep 9 09:41:05 MST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, JP Hindin wrote:
> I have a bit of a conundrum, and I can't tell if Asterisk is doing
> something daft, or whether I'm clean missing out why it's doing what it's
> doing. So, I have a dialplan that looks a little like this:
> --------------------
> [start]
> include => dids
> include => everythingelse
>
> [dids]
> ; Test
> exten => 8378,1,SetCallerID(3015551212)
> exten => 8378,2,Hangup
>
> [everythingelse]
> exten => _.,1,AGI,MyScript|${EXTEN} ${ACCOUNTCODE}
> --------------------

So I figure I'd answer my own question.
The obvious hit me. Been "working" on this on and off for a couple weeks
now, and the day after I post, I work it out.

_. matches all extensions. t and h (so on) are extensions. Therefore,
_. matches those extensions as well. Whether this is a "Feature" I'm not
sure.

The obvious solution to stop Hangups falling through to _. is this:
exten => _X.,1,AGI,MyScript|${EXTEN} ${ACCOUNTCODE}

And, finally, the problem is solved. Like. Duh.

JP