[Asterisk-Users] Spontaneous Hangup occuring

JP Hindin jplist at kiwigeek.com
Thu Sep 9 09:09:08 MST 2004

> Hello all,
>
> I updated from CVS a few days ago and noticed that my calls just cut
> out without reason.
> The CLI says this:   -- Hungup 'Zap/3-1'
>
> It occurs without error or warning.
>
> Is their a bug in CVS asterisk or libpri? This never occurred before.

We upgraded to 1.0 RC2 on Tuesday and the exact thing happened to
us. Apparently there's a bug somewhere in there
(Asterisk/libpri/zaptel/libzap) that causes an outgoing CLID/ANI to have a
1 prefixed to it. Annoying.
Assuming we're having the same thing happening...

We chatted with the Digium telephone monkeys and they told us it was a bug
that the developers would have to deal with - and that we should back out
the upgrade.
Instead we talked to the telco dude at our colocation facility and he had
the telco switch that our primary rate goes through DROP the first digit
of CLID/ANIs (Don't ask me how), et voila, we were back in business.

Why everyone isn't complaining about it, I'm not sure, perhaps some
switches deal with it differently. Heck if I know. Either way, that was
our fix.