[Asterisk-Users] Dialing Out through Provider with Authentication

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Thu Sep 9 11:37:28 MST 2004

      On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Johannes Hollerer wrote:
    > I try to dial out through a Provider, but for that i need to be
    > authenticated - it actually does not work !.

For my tests I did not need to be authenticated.  This is what I used in
asterisk:

exten => _7.,2,Dial(SIP/PROVIDER.COM/${EXTEN:1})

When I tried to use your scenario, as below

exten => _7.,2,Dial(SIP/USERNAME:PASSWORD at PROVIDER.COM/${EXTEN:1})

Here's what I get in my logs:

Sep  9 18:10:56 WARNING[137570304]: chan_sip.c:902 create_addr: No such
host: PROVIDER.COM/72312

What I gather from this is that its not legal to Dial() like that.  In my
limited SIP knowledge, it makes sense - you do not need to have a username
and / or password to place calls to extensions that a given provider (e.g
PROVIDER.COM) serves - if they do not serve those extensions, they will
give a "404 Not Found" error.

Hope that helps...

Gerald.