[Asterisk-Users] My AGI is not detecting hangups on outgoing calls

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Sep 8 13:23:01 MST 2004

Practically all AGI examples using asterisk-perl out there show you how
to set up a callback function that gets called when a channel hangs up.
www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/downloads

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 15:03, Lee Allen wrote:
> I have set up an application which records incoming calls (customer
> problems), and then places outgoing calls (handing the problems to
> support people).  I have written some AGI programs (in C) to implement
> parts of the functionality.
>
> So far I am very pleased with the overall application.
>
> But I have one very annoying, very nasty problem:
>
> The C AGI is handling a dialog with a user on an outgoing call.  The
> person at the other end hangs up.  The AGI does not detect this.  The
> "result" codes don't indicate it.  "channel status" commands also fail
> to indicate the hangup.
>
> This is nasty because the AGI program waits forever, leaving the line
> off-hook.
>
> I realize I could sense this indirectly via timeouts.  Is there a
> cleaner way?
>
> Lee Allen
> Computer Generated  Solutions, Inc.
> Leadtec Division
> Email: Lee at Leadtec.com

          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows
upgrades can NOT be deducted as a gambling loss."