[Asterisk-Users] My AGI is not detecting hangups on outgoing calls

Lee Allen lee at leadtec.com
Wed Sep 8 13:03:35 MST 2004

I have set up an application which records incoming calls (customer
problems), and then places outgoing calls (handing the problems to
support people).  I have written some AGI programs (in C) to implement
parts of the functionality.

So far I am very pleased with the overall application.

But I have one very annoying, very nasty problem:

The C AGI is handling a dialog with a user on an outgoing call.  The
person at the other end hangs up.  The AGI does not detect this.  The
"result" codes don't indicate it.  "channel status" commands also fail
to indicate the hangup.

This is nasty because the AGI program waits forever, leaving the line
off-hook.

I realize I could sense this indirectly via timeouts.  Is there a
cleaner way?

Lee Allen
Computer Generated  Solutions, Inc.
Leadtec Division