[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Primus Talkbroadband

Jon Miron nxe at rogers.com
Wed Sep 8 12:21:38 MST 2004

Jon,

Hmm I didn't know about the versions thing.  I'll have
to get the exact model number off the device when i
get home.

I never set up any forwarding at all for it though.  I
simply plugged it into my switch and everything was up
and running within a few seconds.  Not sure if that's
a good sign or not, but probably in the end it will
turn out Primus is actually MGCP.

Like I said, I haven't played around with this much at
all, but is there at least a little support for MGCP
in Asterisk?  There's a /etc/asterisk/mgcp.conf file,
and when you run the Asterisk console it has a bunch
of mgcp commands.  Or am I mistaken?