[Asterisk-Users] Sending SIP call to Cisco 3660

david winter dwinter at planet-telecom.com
Wed Sep 8 10:34:47 MST 2004

All,

i am new to asterisk, and I have been searching through the list and
docs for examples on howto accomplish this, but i havent had much luck.

1. have asterisk answer when an unregistered cisco gateway send its a
SIP call --> DONE. (using the demo samples i successfully get into the demo)
2. create an extension that i can dial (example: 1222) that will dial
and outbound SIP call to another cisco gateway I have in melbourne
australia (hooked to PSTN)
3. force the dialed number to be 61311112222 (not 1222, these have no
number expansion relation, just want to simply have a short extension to
dial to get to a static number in australia).
my cisco should take that and terminate it to the PSTN.

I assume i have to make configs in sip.conf and exten.conf. I tried
these entries.

exten.conf
exten => 1222,1,Dial(SIP/peter,r)

sip.conf
[peter]
type=friend
host=210.x.x.x
username=61311112222

but i get invalid extension message as soon as i dial '12'

David Winter
Senior Network Engineer
Planet-Telecom, Inc.
Tampa FL