[Asterisk-Users] MySQL on another host?

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Tue Sep 7 14:06:08 MST 2004

Oliver Breidenbach wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> what do I need to take into consideration if I want Asterisk to talk
> to a MySQL database on a different host to store CDR records?
>
> The cdr_addon_mysql module does not want to load and Asterisk claims
> that it "cannot open shared object".
>
> It compiled fine, however.

It sounds like you don't have the MySQL client libraries properly
installed, although you seem to have the headers since the module
compiled. If your mysql client libs are not in /lib, /usr/lib
or /usr/local/lib then you'll probably have to add whatever directory
they are in to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>