[Asterisk-Users] Newbie: Only allow authenticated users to call

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Sep 8 08:44:22 MST 2004

Update to latest CVS and/or put context=INVALID in [general] in sip.conf
and in each peer/user/friend entry put in a correct context= line.

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 03:31, Henry Jensen wrote:
> I made the observation that I'm able to make a call with my SIP client (kphone)  even when I'm not
> registered/authenticated.
>
> Of course, when I'm not registered at asterisk, people can't call me, but it's still a huge security hole,
> that unregistered Clients can make calls.
>
> Is there a way to tell asterisk to only allow registered clients making calls? I know about the "Anti Ex
> Girlfriend" function, but this is not what I want.
>

> Regrads,
> Henry
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows
upgrades can NOT be deducted as a gambling loss."