[Asterisk-Users] 'connecting' voip-numbers to our Asterisk

Evert Meulie evert at witelcom.com
Wed Sep 8 01:08:00 MST 2004

Hi everyone!

I have a problem... We have received a couple of phone numbers for voip
from a local voip-provider. The work fine directly with a Cisco 7960,
but so far I've not been able yet to integrate them into Asterisk.

I've tried:
/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
*****
[ip-incoming]

exten => 88888888,1,Dial(106,20,r)
*****

/etc/asterisk/iax.conf
*****
register => 88888888:[password]@[voip-provider]
*****

This should be all I need to let incoming calls on 88888888 ring on
extension 106, right?

Regards,
   Evert