[Asterisk-Users] REPOSTED: Problems patching Makefile in apps directory

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Sep 7 19:06:12 MST 2004

> I'm trying to install the spandsp in my Asterisk box, in order to use
> rxfax and txfax.
> Well,  following the instruccions i try to patch the Makefile within the
> asterisk/apps source directory and found the following error message
>
> [root at server apps]# patch < Makefile.patch
> patching file Makefile
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 35.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 68.
> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
>
> May you help me?

I'm not absolutely sure, but looks like the spandsp stuff was intended to
be patched against the old * Stable release, that has since gone away.

I'd have to guess that Steve (author) is either very busy, or might be
waiting for a version-freeze release of * to update the code. I've been
waiting for a while as well.

You can read the Makefile.patch file and do the patch by hand (not all
that hard), but then you'll find the *.c files won't compile since they
haven't been updated since the BSD code changes. That happened a month
or two ago. Doesn't look very promising.

Rich