[Asterisk-Users] Maximum tollerable lag/jitter for IAX2 w/o j itterbuffer enabled?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Sep 7 17:55:39 MST 2004

Unfortunatly no on both counts.

The arrangement right now has:
 PSTN Trunks & Stations <-> Nortel Norstar#1 <-CT1-> Asterisk#1 <-IAX2->
Asterisk#2 <-CT1-> Nortel Nortstar#2 <-> Stations

The Asterisk boxes provide Voicemail to their sites Norstars and intersite
calls over IAX. Local Voicemail works flawlessly at each site but there have
been reports of PSTN calls that are in voicemail on Asterisk#2 being cut off
mid-call. Likewise callers from PSTN to stations on Norstar#2 have
occasionally reported dropped calls. There have been no reports of problems
with intersite calls from Norstar#1 to Norstar#2, Norstar#1 to Asterisk#2
Voicemail or PSTN to Asterisk #1 Voicemail. Which led me to an IAX
problem...

The only other possibly related symptom might be far-end echo experienced on
the station side of Norstar#2 to long distance numbers on the PSTN. I have:

 echocancel=yes
and
 echocancelwhenbridged=yes

enabled in zapata.conf on both hosts but am still using the default echo
canceller code.

This is 'Asterisk CVS-HEAD-08/13/04-10:37:13'

{clip}