[Asterisk-Users] MOH/mpg123 broken when running asterisk as non-root?

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 14:15:39 MST 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:28:07 -0500, john lawler
<asterisk-users.lists.digium.com at tgice.com> wrote:
> Pretty sure that's not the problem, b/c if I switch to my non-root user
> and fire up the mpg123 player, it goes off without a hitch, and will
> play an mp3 (I don't have speakers hookedup, but it's definitely not dying).

Does MOH work if you run everything as root? I mean, have you actually tested?

I'm asking becaus MOH didn't work in my install, and I found out that
the mpg123 in my distro was, actually, mpg321. And the parameters
necessary weren't available... If this is the case, get the original
mpg123 and it will work ok.

Marconi.