[Asterisk-Users] Placing Asterisk between existing PBX and PSTN

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Tue Sep 7 05:08:59 MST 2004

Hi Jens,

Thanks alot for your input, I do appreciate it!

    > [...] I would like to suggest that you don't try this with analogue
    > lines (fxo) and extensions (fxs) - you will not be able to monitor
    > call progress and lose all (possible) DDI information.

Imagine my original setup was purely analog i.e I have 4 analog lines from
the local telecom company.  If I plugged these lines into the Asterisk FXO
card and then plugged the PBX into the Asterisk FXS card, I'm thinking I
would be able to use the calling card in addition to making VoIP calls
application if for example I set up an extension context as below:

[analogextensions]
exten => 101,1,CallingCard
exten => 101,1,Congestion
exten => 102,1,Dial(SIP/user at sip.host.com)

I.e if anyone on the analog phones dials 101, they get the Calling Card
application, if they dial 102, they get connected to some SIP phone
somewhere etc...  Would this minimum functionality work?

Thanks!

Gerald.