[Asterisk-Users] Placing Asterisk between existing PBX and PSTN

Jens von Bülow jens at nha.co.za
Tue Sep 7 01:03:40 MST 2004

Gerald,

I am doing this with a quadBRI card and a Karel PABX at home - works very well.... I would like to suggest that you don't try this with analogue lines (fxo) and extensions (fxs) - you will not be able to monitor call progress and lose all (possible) DDI information.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Jens

PS: I am toying with the idea of doing this with a quad Digium PRI interface at the office. But I am not sure when I will get to this.