[Asterisk-Users] Re: Zaptel 'Under the Hood' Project

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 00:59:33 MST 2004

In article <413D0AE8.9050703 at comcast.net>,
Victor Rini <victor-rini at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After poking and prodding at Asterisk and Zaptel for over a couple years
> now, I've dedicated some time to actually reading the code and trying to
> figure it out.
>
> It's been fascinating. With the driver source on one part of the screen
> and a pdf of "Linux Device Drivers" on another part I've aquainted
> myself with device driver programming and the interesting hardware on
> the wildcards. I've always thought Asterisk and Zaptel were two of the
> coolest FOSS projects around and now that I've
> spelunked through the code a little bit I'm curious:
>
> Has anyone ever wrote a zaptel "under the hood" type of document,
> discussing how the pseudo tdm bus works, the zaptel hardware, etc? If
> so, please point me there.

I don't know, but in case you hadn't already found it, there is some
interesting information at http://www.zapatatelephony.org/

You have to explore the links several deep to get at some of the useful
nuggets, such as the conferencing architecture.

It's all a little out of date, but mostly still applicable.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield