[Asterisk-Users] Newby question. Basic structure

Rodolfo Grave rodolfograve at yahoo.es
Mon Sep 6 04:02:10 MST 2004

Hi all.

I've being reading posts from the list since yesterday and I feel this
question was answered a lot time ago, but the list archives are a mess
(yet). I hope some one is willing to help me out.

I want to set up this:

caller ----- PSTN ---- (SOMETHING1) ------ VoIP --------- (SOMETHING2)
---- PSTN

I think this must be a very basic architecture, but I'm not sure wat
SOMETHING1 and SOMETHING2 are. I've been on this for a while now (around
two months) and till yesterday I haven't find Asterisk.

Can you help me? I need to know hardware and software needs for this. I
have read a few about voIP and have some programming and configuration
skills under Linux and Windows.

Thanks in advance.

RODOLFO

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0436-4, 03/09/2004
Tested on: 06/09/2004 13:02:15