[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS with T.38 over SIP

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Sun Sep 5 21:10:08 MST 2004

Steve,

Correct me if I'm wrong, T.38 can be implemented with or without TCP. I
suspect these units only support T.38 over UDP, just like Cisco gateways
(see
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t11/faxapp/t38.htm).

In an ideal world, all fax relay should use TCP. I think Azacall 200
supports T.38 over TCP, because it requires a separate port to be
configured for T.38. I don't happen to have 2 azacalls to test. Anyone
has the last word?

Cheers,
Leo