[Asterisk-Users] Wildcards and variable number of digits

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 23:01:46 MST 2004

See if it helps you:

 exten => _0.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})
 exten => _7.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@fwd.pulver.com)

If you want to call FWD# 55555 then you dial: 755555. If you want to
call 911 then: 0911.

You must have registered to FWD in the sip.conf.

If there are other extensions starting with 7 or 0, you will have a
problem... unless you know exactly what you're doing. Try commenting
them out first. You should check the Asterisk handbook, as it explains
the extensions, wildcards, etc really well.

Hope I did help :)
Marconi.