[Asterisk-Users] Wildcards and variable number of digits

Eric Jacksch jacksch at tenebris.ca
Sat Sep 4 22:25:21 MST 2004

Greetings,

I'm having a miserable time getting Asterisk working with FWD.  All the
samples show something like...

 exten => _7., ....

How do I get Asterisk to wait until the user is finished dialing instead of
trying as soon as it gets the second digit?

I can use _7XXX, and dial the FWD 3-digit test numbers fine, but I'd like to
be able to dial others...

Same problem for outside analog line...how do I convince Asterisk to send
anything that starts with a "9" to it?

If it makes a difference, I'm playing with some QuickNet cards to learn the
system...then I'll likely buy some other cards with higher capacity.

Thanks,
Eric