[Asterisk-Users] Free WWT (WorldWideTelco): Utopia, or just a matter of organization?

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 17:44:59 MST 2004

Kevin:
I see your point, and I agree with a great part of it. But, if you
need to use your phone, and the line is busy because of "a bunch of
Brazilian people", you can just use your neighbor's, for example. Or,
if you have only one line, and you and your
brother/sister/wife/whatever wants to use the phone as well, you can
use other peoples' phones...

The emergency call isn't a problem. Just unplug the FXO and connect
the regular phone, or use an extension, or have asterisk setup to
disconnect whoever is using the Zap interface when you dial an
emergency number...

Those things are not a problem. The abuse, misuse and such could be a
problem. And I do believe there must be a central management. And
asterisk has what it takes to register activities, billing support,
etc.

Stanaphone gives it's users real phone numbers, from which they can
place and receive calls. If they do that, requiring ONLY email address
to sign in, there are legal ways to protect the phone owner from
malicious use.

I do believe in this idea... Just need other people willing to
organize and help, or to give technical and/or legal reasons to forget
about it...

William: I do believe in that too. If you share yours, and I share
mine, it becomes ours.

PS: I'm B.Sc. in computer science, and currently finishing my master's
(also in CS, computer architecture and operating systems). I think I
can help a lot, but alone I can't do anything.