[Asterisk-Users] Commercial CID spoofing system

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Sep 3 22:06:12 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:

> Get an IAX provider that allows you to do this -- I have a free beta
> from SimpleTeleCom.com where this is working.

Since I can't pass up an ITSP without playing around with it, I signed
up a minute ago for a few bucks and made some calls.

When I place the outbound call on a Zap channel, the call is fine.

But when I call from my BT101 which is set to use iLBC talking to
asterisk, the remote end hears a voice that has a pulsating quality that
is totally unintelligible if you want to hear what's said, but has a
certain charm if you are into aural psychedelia.

FYI.  I'm going to keep playing around with it, but the same phone works
just fine with NuFone and Gafachi.  Both, however, are allowing me to
use iLBC whereas SimpleTelecom uses GSM.

Voicepulse appears to be down for me right now, but that might be a
result of their frustratingly-common config changes, about which they've
never ever sent me any notice.

B.