[Asterisk-Users] X100P blows up after a while (really loud noise)

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:19:19 MST 2004

Two days ago, I was talking on the phone from the FXO, to a SIP phone.
After some time (like 1h30m), all of a sudden, there's a huge noise,
like a buzz... Really loud. So I hungup, and called my asterisk box
again... All I could hear was that sound. Someone called me from the
internet, and as Asterisk dialed the FXO, all she heard was that noise
too.

So, I logged in my Asterisk server, restarted the Asterisk (just the
software). Didn't work. So I stopped it, unloaded the wcfxo module,
loaded it up again and it was just fine. I could call the FXO and use
it just fine. Weird.

Last night, I talked for about 2 hours straight. No problem. But, this
morning, when someone called the FXO all that could be heard was that
loud noise.

I could make a "stop-asterisk; reload modules; start-asterisk" script,
and a cron entry or something to do it periodically, even check to see
if there's any call on progress before restarting, but that's just a
very ugly solution... If I could check the wcfxo status and get some
info that tells me if it's in "buzzer-mode-on", I could come up with a
more elegant solution.

I don't know if it helps: the FXO card, at the first day, was sharing
IRQ with the soundcard. But there wasn't any software using the
soundcard. Yesterday, I unloaded all the sound modules, and checked
/proc/interrupts. No IRQ sharing... But the problem occurred again
later... In this cheap MoBo there's no option to mess around with IRQs
in the BIOS. Today, I'm gonna disable onboard sound, to see if it
helps at all, but I think that without modules loaded, it would have
the same effect. I'll try this just to make sure...

Did someone have this problem too? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions...?

Thanks,
Marconi Rivello.