[Asterisk-Users] Really Wierd softphone problem ... must read

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Sep 1 19:18:19 MST 2004

Actually, you're lucky that worked..

There are some soundcard drivers that are so broken, that they _always_
function this way; there are no "select" checkboxes under the record
section of the windows volume controls.

We have a bunch of identical machines, and found the win2K drivers like
this, but the winXP and Win98SE drivers were OK.

Go figure.

-SteveK

On Sep 1, 2004, at 10:07 PM, Steve Maroney wrote:

> HA ! Thats was it. Thanks !!! In the past, I never understood the
> configuration of the volume control. I know that sounds really newbie
> like
> so I guess I never did pay enough attention  I didn't notice it.
>
> Now that I understand what was wrong, I figured out why I changed it. I
> made a change with Audacity to record the conversation of my sip
> calls. I
> had to change the recording to "Stereo Mix".
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> As I get more experience with the telcom industry, voip, and
> asterisk, i will donate more of my knowledge to this list.
>

> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 matt.riddell at sineapps.com wrote:
>
>> On 1 Sep 2004 at 20:00, Steve Maroney wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I have just developed this problem with my Windows XP box. I think it
>>> started since I installed  XP SP2. Both SJPhone and Xlite does some
>>> kind of bridging with the speaker out port. When ever I make a sip
>>> call to where ever, the other party hears a lot of echoing. Well I
>>> noticed just now when I was playing mp3's via Winamp, the music was
>>> being played through my sip calls that I made. I am postivie that I
>>> do
>>> not have microphone hooked up anywhere that is causing this. No
>>> microphone is needed to duplicate this problem. It started with
>>> SJPHONE. I removed and Reinstalled SJPHONE ... no luck. I install
>>> x-lite and it does it too. I removed XP SP2, and also updated my
>>> sound
>>> drivers .. no luck.  Any one ever had this heppen to them ? Please