[Asterisk-Users] Line death not recognized on TDM400P?

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Sep 1 18:48:11 MST 2004

On 2 Sep 2004 at 3:00, Christian Victor wrote:
> matt.riddell at sineapps.com schrieb:
> >So basically if there is a problem with line 1 out of 12, no calls
> >are going to get through...surely this isn't expected behaviour.
>
> What about putting all the channels in a group (1 for example) and use
> Zap/r1/number to dial. This wil use round robin to pick a different
> channel on every dial attempt.
>
> So if there is a dead line some calls will miss but with 12 lines
> 11/12 of all calls will go through.

This is cool!  I didn't know you could do that. It's not really
ideal, but would help in the event of failure.  Not so great if they
unplug a line for a day (and don't want to change the configs).

I've told them if they want to unplug the line they should use normal
grouping and unplug from 12 down, but it would be nice if the user
could receive some type of congestion tones...

> >I spoke to a few people on IRC last night who confirmed that this is
> >the case.  It seems crazy.  If I send a fax using a fax machine it
> >works, if I dial a number with a modem it works (even a $5 modem) so
> >why can't it work in asterisk?  It used to work on the X100P's...
> >
> >I just want the card not to dial if there is no dialtone...
> >

> Maybe you could use BackgroundDetect as a workaround to check if the
> line is responding after dialing.

The problem is that dial won't give up the flow of the dialplan until
it's finished (and with no cable plugged in, it won't give up till
the user hangs up).

If you could specify the channel to check it would work, but alas you
can't (i.e you could do it _before_ dial and try every line...the
other problem is that you don't really want to be checking lines you
know are off hook).

I don't suppose anyone knows who wrote that app?

Matt Riddell